Elderberry is one of the oldest medicinal plants. It is traditionally used by Native Americans to treat infections, including the common cold and flu. It is still gathered across Europe and used in many folk medicines. Today, elderberry can be bought in different health and wellness stores in the form of gummies, lozenges, syrups, teas, and more. But what exactly is elderberry, and how can you benefit from it?
Elderberry refers to the different types of Sambucus tree. There are around 30 types of elder plants, and the most common type is Sambucus nigra, popularly known as the European elderberry or black elder. This tree is native in Europe but is now widely grown in different parts of the world. This plant is a rich source of antioxidants known as anthocyanins. Many of its health benefits can be attributed to anthocyanins.
With the current coronavirus pandemic we are facing right now, taking care of our immune system is crucial. Elderberry can help boost your immune system, especially with commercial variants that have added vitamin C and Zinc with it, such as Mecka Naturals Immune Support Gummies. Apart from that, there are other benefits that you can get from this supplement.
Why Should You Start Taking Elderberry?
The berries and flowers of elderberry are full of antioxidants and vitamins that can help boost your immune system. It can help lessen stress, tame any inflammation, fight infections, and help protect your heart.
Helps relieve cold and flu symptoms
According to research made by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), black elderberry extracts and flower can help reduce the severity and length of influenza. It is an excellent source of nutrients; that’s why it can help treat colds and now comes in different forms such as liquid, capsules, lozenges, and gummies.
Another study showed that people who took elderberry syrup four times a day showed symptom improvement in just two to four days, compared to the other group who took seven to eight days to improve. From a different study, 64 people who took elderberry extract lozenges for two days have significantly improved from flu symptoms, including headaches, fever, muscle aches, and nasal congestion.
These studies have proven that drinking elderberry extract in different forms can improve symptoms from common colds and flu.
High in antioxidants
Our daily lives can be stressful, which leads to releasing reactive molecules that can accumulate in the body. This can cause oxidative stress and lead to the development of different diseases, including cancer and type 2 diabetes. Antioxidants are known to help prevent cancer and other chronic diseases. It is a natural component of food and can be found in various plants, including elderberry. The leaves, flowers, and fruits of the elderberry plant are excellent sources of antioxidants, and the anthocyanin found in its berries are 3.5 times the antioxidant power of vitamin E.
Good for the heart
Elderberry is also known to provide positive effects on our heart and blood vessel health. Studies have proven that elderberry extract can help reduce fat in the blood and decrease cholesterol levels. It can also reduce the levels of uric acid in the blood. It is known that high levels of uric acid are connected to increased blood pressure, which has negative effects on the heart.
Elderberry can also help increase the secretion of insulin, improving blood sugar levels. Given that type 2 diabetes is a major risk factor for heart and other vascular diseases, controlling blood sugar levels is essential in preventing such conditions.
Can provide other nutrients
Elderberries are low in calories and packed with antioxidants and other nutrients. 100 grams of fresh berries have 73 calories, 18.4 grams of carbohydrates, and less than 1 gram of fat and proteins. Here are other nutrients found in elderberry:
- Vitamin C: There are 6-35 mg of vitamin C in every 100 grams of fruit, which is 60% of the recommended daily vitamin C intake.
- Dietary fiber: 100 grams of elderberries contain 7 grams of fiber, which is over one-fourth of the recommended daily intake.
- Phenolic acids: These are powerful antioxidants that can help in reducing the damage of oxidative stress in the body.
- Flavanols: The flower of elderberry contains up to 10 times more flavanol that its berries. Elderberry contains flavonols quercetin, kaempferol, and isorhamnetin, which are all antioxidants.
- Anthocyanins: These compounds are the ones responsible for the dark black-purple color. They are also a strong antioxidant with anti-inflammatory effects.
Keep in mind that the exact nutritional value and composition of elderberries, depend on the variety of plant, ripeness of the berries, as well as the environmental and climatic conditions. Therefore, servings can differ in their nutrition.
Mecka Naturals Immune Support Gummies
The Mecka now offers elderberry gummies to support your needs. Here are the reasons why you should add Mecka Naturals Immune Support Gummies in your everyday diet:
- Excellent immune support: Our immune booster pack comprises organic Sambucus elderberries, a powerful antioxidant extract ideal for improving your immunity, vitamin C and Zinc, giving you a 3-in-1 immune-enhancing solution. With MECKA naturals elderberry gummies, you’re sure of enhancing your immunity system to lead a healthy life.
- Natural and safe: MECKA naturals black elderberry gummies are made of organic ingredients, making them a potent immune booster and safe for your body. Our product is Gluten-free, Non-GMO, and Gelatin-free. There are no nasty chemicals that could hurt your body; you are safe when taking our Sambucus elderberry gummies that have been bottled in an FDA registered facility in the USA. 🇺🇸
- Ideal for whole family use: Our Sambucus elderberry gummies are designed for the whole family to use. It’s a natural immune support product with no nasty chemicals, making it safe for your entire family. Kids, adults, and the elderly can boost their immunity using our potent black elderberry gummies.
Get your Mecka Naturals Immune Support Gummies now by clicking the button below!